We invite you to attend our next IFNA – UK and Ireland Chapter webinar, titled “Mental Health Care for the Rare Disease Community.”
The free webinar will take place on Monday 27 February 2023, from 12.30pm until 2pm GMT, on Zoom. Click here to register!
Coinciding with Rare Disease Day, the webinar will focus on raising awareness and generating change for the 300 million people worldwide living with a rare disease, their families, and carers. Help us build awareness of mental health care for people living with rare diseases.
The webinar will feature a panel conversation with:
- Dr Suja Somanadhan (Chair): IFNA – UK and Ireland Chapter Co-Lead, All Ireland interdisciplinary Rare Disease Research Network Co-lead (RAiN) (ROI), Associate Professor, UCD School of Nursing Midwifery and Health Systems, University College Dublin, Ireland.
- Professor Alison Metcalfe: Academic and Entrepreneur, who will discuss “the role of digital chatbots in improving mental health for families affected by rare diseases”.
- Professor Amy Jayne McKnight: All Ireland interdisciplinary Rare Disease Research Network Co-lead (RAiN) (NI), Professor of Biomolecular Science and Public Health, Queen’s University, Belfast.
- Anne Lawlor: Mother and founding member of the 22q11 Ireland Support Group. The group, set up in 2007, supports Irish families affected by 22q deletion syndrome.
- Lora Ruth Wogu: Founder and CEO of Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Ireland and European Sickle Cell Federation. Also, consultant on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Quality Patient care.
This is the first webinar of our 2023 webinar series hosted by the Chapter focused on developing, promoting, and sustaining a discourse around approaches to family nursing education, practice, and research within the healthcare settings. The webinars are free of charge, and open to everyone!