Welcome to the International Family Nursing Association (IFNA) – UK and Ireland Chapter
Membership of the Chapter is free and is open to any nurse, midwife or health visitor/public health nurse who is working in: practice, education or research, in the UK and Ireland, and who is interested in joining a growing community of family nurses Membership is also free and open to academics and researchers working in fields related to family nursing, as well as to patients, caregivers and family members interested in promoting family-focused care.
Whenever we say ‘nurses’, we are referring to ‘nurses, midwives and health visitors/public health nurses’.
Through our various IFNA – UK and Ireland Chapter activities, we are striving to develop, actively promote, and sustain a discourse around approaches to family nursing that are relevant in the UK and Ireland. This website aims to:
- Bring together a set of resources that can help facilitate positive attitudes towards family nursing;
- Promote and disseminate family nursing research findings;
- Share evidence-based family-nursing research, practice, education and policy resources to a wide audience of nurses, other healthcare professionals and researchers.
We are very interested in working with nurses and families in the UK and Ireland to develop common goals that will help the Chapter to:
- Foster and promote family-focused nursing across the life course in the UK and Ireland;
- Act as a unifying force and voice for family-focused nursing, midwifery and health visiting/public health nursing;
- Enable UK and Irish nurses to recognise the family unit as a legitimate recipient of nursing care, and work in partnership with families;
- Learn from family nurses in other global regions.
If you are interested in joining us, click here to find out more! Membership is currently free of charge, but as the Chapter develops, we plan to host Family Nursing webinars and other educational events, where there may be a modest fee.